Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Turkey & Kale Soup

It's day 2 of the Whole 30 Challenge!

I woke up this morning with a headache and figured it was because my body is going through withdrawals from the sugar and high processed foods it's used to. Other than that I felt completely fine and did not have any major cravings for anything.

This evening I attended a Pilates class for the very first time. It was a nice change but was definitely at a much slower pace than the high intensity workouts I'm used to. While most people are making New Years resolutions to join gyms at the start of the New Year, I actually quit mine. I did it for personal and financial reasons but I am excited to get back into working out more on my own and creating my own workouts!





Tonight for dinner I curled up with my favorite book to read during the Whole 30 Challenge and a bowl of turkey & kale soup. It was absolutely delicious! I adapted the recipe from a soup my friend made before and used the ingredients I had on hand. I didn't measure the ingredients but here's what I did...

(Note: feel free to add more or less of any ingredient listed below! I need to remake this and measure and once I do, the recipe will be updated!)

Turkey & Kale Soup


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 mushrooms, chopped
1 cup of carrots, chopped
chicken broth
1-2 cups of almond milk
3-4 big handfuls of kale
salt & pepper to taste
crushed red pepper (optional)

Recipe:
1. Place the turkey in a large pot over medium-high heat with the garlic and onion. Cook until browned.
2. Add the carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. The crushed red pepper gives it a spicy kick so add as much or little as you like.
3. Add the almond milk and enough chicken broth until it covers everything
4. Add the kale and stir in until it starts to wilt.
5. Let the soup simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.

Sorry for the rough and all over the place recipe! Just trust me, this soup is delicious and so good for you!

1 comment:

  1. i just finished the audio book. I listened to it all week on the train to and from work. HOLY COW there is so much information and it makes me so much more interested in completing the program when I have the whole background story. IDK how people do it without? Enjoy your soup :)
    - Tam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...