Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

During the Whole 30 I am always trying to think of easy and delicious sides for meals. While I find it rather easy thinking of the main course, sometimes I am stuck in a rut when it comes to what to eat with it. 

For example, today for lunch I knew that I was going to eat the last of the Crockpot Salsa Chicken I made last week but had no idea what to pair it with. The avocados that I have aren't ripe enough yet (most depressing thing ever!) and I wasn't really feeling raw veggies so I relied on my go-to side... sweet potato fries! They're super healthy, delicious, and easy to make! 

You can also change up the seasonings and make them sweet rather than spicy or just add plain ol' sea salt to them! The possibilities are endless.


Ingredients:
1 sweet potato 
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Seasoning (about half)
Olive Oil

* This recipe makes 1-2 servings, depending on the size of the sweet potato

Directions:
1. Heat the oven to 400'
2. Cut up 1 large sweet potato into wedge-like fries and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle olive oil on the fries so they are coated on all sides.
4. Add your seasonings and make sure fries are well coated (Spicy Seasoning recipe is below)
5. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Seasoning
1. Mix the following seasonings into a small bowl and store in an airtight container.
1 tsp of each:
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika
chili powder
crushed red pepper flakes
cayenne pepper


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...