Monday, March 18, 2013

Another Long Run in the Books

I feel like I haven't posted on here in awhile because I was so busy working on papers for my online class but it is officially over! While I was gone did you guys check out my guest post on Avery's blog about staying on track with exercise? If not then you really should because I shared a lot of great tips that could come in handy for ya!

Workout


Over the weekend I went on another long run. I used my SPIbelt again and just like last time, it didn't let me down. This time I packed a Tri Berry GU Energy Gel, my ID, and keys.

Here's the breakdown of my run.

Mile 1 - 8:31
Mile 2 - 8:48
Mile 3 - 8:29
Mile 4 - 8:54
Mile 5 - 9:02
Mile 6 - 8:48 - ate the GU
Mile 7 - 8:55
Mile 8 - 8:52
Mile 9 - 9:47 - cool down

Total time - 1:20:05

I was super happy with this run. I felt good the entire time and the weather was perfect. I think that my Garmin only wanted me to run 9 miles because when I began my run it said "low battery" but I just ignored it, hoping it would last the entire run. As soon as I hit mile 9 I stopped the watch and then it said "run saved" and turned off! Guess that was a good indicator to quit :)

T-Shirts!


If you haven't done so yet, check out these super cute t-shirts I am selling for my aunt's fundraiser. The shirts are to help raise ovarian cancer awareness (the reason I am running my first half-marathon in May) and to help show your support with my training! Please help me out and buy one today for yourself or even a friend! Also if you live in the Fort Wayne or surrounding area you can be entered into a fun giveaway if you purchase a shirt! There are only a few days left to purchase them!

Question


Did you go on any runs this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome run and great time!! I am such a slow runner... Maybe one I day I will pick it up. I had a lazy weekend... just did a 3 mile run yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your run! I'm still working on building up to running for over an hour. Phew! Props to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard for me at first but it just takes some time getting used to it.

      Delete
  3. I didn't run at all this weekend and should have. Good thing is my sister is coming to visit next week so I know she will motivate me to go running. It really helps having someone because I can't get myself to do it. I'm so proud of you running 9 miles! So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I bet she will motivate you since she's probably training for the mini :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...