Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Charity Miles

This morning I headed over to the health center because my fever still had not gone down. What people said about waiting for a long time to be seen was not a joke, I was there for over two hours. They prescribed me some antibiotics to help with the symptoms so hopefully that starts to kick in sooner rather than later.

I didn't workout today and my meals weren't the best. For lunch I had some chicken noodle soup and for dinner I had applesauce, pudding, and a Naked juice. I have been drinking a lot of water and Gatorade to replace the fluids lost due to the fever too.

Charity Miles

Earlier today one of my friends told me about an app called Charity Miles, available for iPhone and Android smart phones. The app allows its users to earn money by walking, running, or biking in order to raise money for the charity of their choice. The only catch about the app is that you need a Facebook account in order to access it because that is how you log in to it. Rather than force people to change their habits, the app gives users a way to add philanthropy to those everyday activities. For every mile walked or ran $0.25 will be donated and for every mile biked $0.10 is donated.

 

The charities

Stand Up To Cancer
Feeding America
Every mother counts
Autism Speaks
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
World Food Programme
Wounded Warrior Project
ASPCA
The Nature Conservancy
Habitat for Humanity
Pencils of Promise
Achilles International
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria


Also, be on the lookout for a giveaway that will be happening on the blog within the next few days!

Do you know of any other apps similar to this? Have you used the Charity Miles app before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...